Cook up something delicious today with this special recipe provided to you by Heritage Village, the premier senior apartments Hurst TX, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
Biscuits. They haven’t been around forever in the grand scheme of things, but they are a wonderful recipe to use in your fully equipped kitchen. Speaking of the history of this beloved, savory treat, biscuits emerged around the American Civil War as an inexpensive addition to the working class’ breakfast, which could be made without the yeast typically used in bread baking. Buttery and delicious, biscuits have become the start of numerous dishes, and one of our community’s favorites is Biscuits and Gravy! Take a look at the recipe below, courtesy of the best apartments near River Legacy Park Arlington TX.
- 1 can (16.3-ounce) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound sage flavored pork breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake biscuits as directed on the can.
- Place sausage in a saucepan and turn heat to medium-high. Cook, crumbling the sausage as it cooks, until no pink remains. Do not drain the skillet.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the sausage crumbles and cook until the flour is absorbed.
- Slowly pour the milk into your skillet, stirring as you pour.
- Add crushed red pepper, then cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened.
- Once biscuits are finished baking, slice in half, pour gravy over the biscuits, and serve!