Everyone loves a hot, delicious chicken sandwich from one of our favorite fast-food restaurants. Perfectly fried and accompanied by the right amount of sauce and pickles, you can’t beat these Southern-style delights! Here’s how to replicate the famous recipe for yourself at home.
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 teaspoon each paprika garlic powder, black pepper, salt
• 1 cup flour
• ½ cup of corn starch
• 1 tablespoon each paprika garlic powder, onion powder
• 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
• ½ cup mayo
• 1 teaspoon hot sauce
• 1 teaspoon paprika or Cajun or taco seasoning
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 4 medium-sized brioche buns
• Sliced pickles
1. Pound chicken breasts and cut each in half to make 2 pieces the same size as the bun.
2. In a large bowl, buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the chicken to the mix and place in the fridge to marinate up to 24 hours or use right away.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or pot on medium temperature or until the temperature reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spices. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the buttermilk batter into the flour mixture and mix it through with a fork.
5. Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken through flour mixture and press flour on the top chicken to form a thick crust. Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and golden and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan and toast buns face down until golden and crisp. Whisk all the ingredients for the mayo in a small bowl and spread a generous layer of mayo on each bun. Top with pickles and chicken and enjoy hot.
Master the art of cooking by joining The Artistry at Craig Ranch Apartments in McKinney, Texas in learning brand-new recipes.