Nothing hits our sweet spot quite like Ben & Jerry’s ice cream...except, perhaps Ben & Jerry’s edible cookie dough bites. That’s why we were very excited to learn that the dynamic duo behind our favorite ice cream flavors has released their official Edible Cookie Dough Recipe!
Though you may sneak a bite of your favorite cookie mixes, not all dough is technically edible, and sometimes, eating raw dough can even make you sick. So, for a safe, yet still delicious, blend, check out these easy instructions.
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 packed cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Heat-Treat the Flour: Do not skip this step, since untreated flour can contain contaminants and is not safe to eat. Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches 165°F throughout.
2. Make the Dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine. Add the heat-treated flour and mix to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Cook up something delicious with this special recipe provided to you by Heritage Village Apartments in Hurst, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!